Stilo ST5 FN 8860-2018 – Homologated FIA 8860-2018 – NEW!
Stilo’s ST5 FN series of helmets eliminates the integrated accessory ports that are commonly seen on Stilo helmets. The Stilo ST5 FN Carbon is a “naked” helmet which features a full Carbon shell, resulting in one of the lightest full-face helmets on the market at just 2.58 pounds for the Smaller-shell sizes. Two shell sizes – one for X-Small through Medium, and another for the larger sizes – allows for weight savings without sacrificing fit. The standard 3mm Clear visor (other shield types in a variety of tints sold separately) mounts with machined aluminum fasteners and creates an air-tight seal via a rubber seal. Snell SA-2020 and FIA-8859 homologations satisfy almost all sanctioning body requirements and indicate the high level of safety testing. One of the lightest and most popular helmets on the market today.
Homologated to the strict FIA 8860-2018 regulation, the Stilo ST5 FN 8860-2018 carbon helmet is the helmet of choice for professional racers, and drivers who won’t compromise their safety, no matter where they’re racing. This certification provides an unparalleled level of puncture protection as well as impact resistance.
Looking for increased visibility? The Stilo Helmets ST5 FN 8860-2018 has a taller and lower eyeport, giving you better visibility while not compromising your safety. Each visor has a center pinch-clip to make opening and closing easy, even while wearing nomex racing gloves.
Under the new FIA 8860-2018 standard all helmets must withstand the following tests:
- Standard impact: Helmet impact at 9.5m/s. Peak deceleration on ‘driver’s head’ shall not exceed 275G.
- Low velocity impact: Helmet impact at 6m/s. Peak deceleration shall not exceed 200G with a maximum average of 180g.
- Low lateral impact: Helmet impact at 8.5m/s. Peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.
- Crush: A 10kg weight falling 5.1 meters onto helmet. Lateral and longitudinal tests. The transmitted force should not exceed 10 kN.
- Shell penetration: A 4kg impactor dropped onto helmet at 7.7 m/s.Visor penetration: Air rifle fires 1.2g pellet at visor. Pellet must not penetrate the interior of the helmet.Visor coating: Transmitter test to ensure colouration and vision is not significantly changed or distorted.
- Retention system: Roll-off test and dynamic test to ensure strength of chin strap and its attachments.Chin guard linear impact: Impact test with full headform at 5.5m/s. The peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.
- Chin guard crush: Hammer hits chin guard and measures ability to keep impact away from the head.FHR mechanical strength: Test to ensure high strength of attachment points for Frontal Head Restraints.
- Projection and surface friction: Test to ensure helmet surface uniformity and that friction is minimized. Shell surface also subjected to BARCOL hardness test for resistance to penetration.
- Flammability: Helmet exposed to 790 Centigrade/ 1454 Fahrenheit flame; it must self-extinguish once flame is removed.
|Hans Anchors:||Not Included, M6-Threaded|
|Weight (XS-M):||Est. 3 lbs|
- FIA 8860-2018 Certified
- Includes Stilo HANS posts
- Significantly lighter than the previous ST4 helmets
- Sizing from Extra Small through 3XL
- All ST5 shields are now interchangeable across all ST5 helmets
- Eight ventilation holes for use with Stilo Helmets Top Air systems
- Prepared for side and frontal drinking systems
- Redesigned cheek pads are more contoured and comfortable than previous ST4 helmets
- Made from 100% medium tensile carbonWeight (intercom included) +/-30 g:
- small shell 1.370 kg (3.0 lbs) large shell 1.470 kg (3.2 lbs)